The 2018 Confirmation Programme at St. Anselm’s will commence in January. As a parish we consider that being Confirmed is such a great moment in the life of every Catholic that a complete programme was prepared for our new candidates. The six month commitment involves the following:
– Confirmation meetings
– Regular attendance at Sunday Mass
– Attendance at five special Saturday evening Masses
– One Weekend Retreat
– Participation in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
Given that it is an important step that the candidates undertake, they need all the necessary support that they can get from us, their parents and sponsors. For this reason, the candidates’ sessions and the adult’s sessions are so arranged that each complements the other and everyone is urged to attend.
If you are in year 9 at school (or older but no yet confirmed) and would like take part in our programme and be confirmed on Saturday 14th July 2018, please collect an application at your convenience. The application forms are available at the back of the church or in the parish office.
Please keep in mind that there will be two confirmation groups, so take the appropriate application form:
- Group 1 will meet on Mondays; Mon 9th January 2018 – Introduction for Parents and Young People of Group 1.
- Group 2 will meet on Tuesdays; Tue 10th January 2018 – Introduction for Parents and Young People of Group 2.
- Mass of Enrolment for Group 1 and Group 2 will take place on Sunday 14th January 2018 at 11:30 AM.